Friday, August 27, 2010

From The Garden

After the first few months of preparing some beds (both in the garden and in boxes) for growing some vegetables and salad plants we are starting to be able to pick a few.

This evening my meal consisted of several items from the garden, plus a few things from elsewhere.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's what I dished up for dinner tonight.



Yes, a delicious fresh salad wrap.

Working from the base up I had:
  • Gluten Free flat bread wrap. I'm trying gluten free to see if that is going to help with digestion, etc. On the advice of my Naturopath.
  • Lettuce from my wicking bed.
  • Salad Rocket, also from my wicking bed.
  • Fenugreek and Lentil Sprouts from the sprouting trays on our kitchen bench.
  • Snow Peas from the very first vegetables I planted in autumn.
  • Flat-Leaf (Italian) Parsley, from the near back door herb patch, in a raised bed.
  • Half of an Avocado (bought from the shop).
  • Cherry Tomatoes (also shop bought because it's too early and cold for home grown ones).
  • 1 egg (boiled). Free Range from a neighbour, since we haven't got any chooks yet.
I will admit that I cheated a bit and had to eat some of the goodies before I rolled it up into a wrap, because there was no way I could do that with all of the goodies.

It was a delicious meal, made even more so by the thought that many of the ingredients came from my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment