Friday, August 27, 2010

How Are Your Duck Feet?

That's what the barber asked me yesterday.

Obviously he was referring to the current constant rain that we have been getting in our region. This has been most welcome, although a little frustrating at times when I want get to work in the garden. And it seems to be encouraging the weeds to grow even faster. I am waiting (and dreading) to see how a few days of sunshine will help speed up that growth.

I have asked a few neighbours if this winter's rainfall is normal or a bit above average. The feeling that they have is that this year's rainfall is about the same as a few years ago, and they seemed happy about that.

What I am hoping for is that there will be enough rain to to get the currently appropriately named Rocky River flowing. I heard someone say that there is some water in the upper reaches, but will that flow get further downstream is the big question.

No comments:

Post a Comment